To be a member of the Parramatta and District Regional Law Society you must hold a current Practising Certificate and be practising as a legal practitioner from an address as advised to the Law Society of New South Wales within the boundaries of the Region (which broadly coincide with the local government areas of Parramatta, Holroyd, Blacktown and The Hills.) The Society also provides associate membership for law students and clerks and retired lawyers.
Please read through these instructions then choose from the membership plans set out below.
Membership applications are welcomed from any legal practitioner entitled to practice in New South Wales and residing or practising in the Parramatta area which includes Blacktown, the Hills district, Guildford, West Ryde and the Olympic precinct.
The annual membership fees are:
- Individual Membership Fee $55
- Firm Membership Fee (6-9 members) $330
- Firm Membership Fee (10+ members) $550
- Student Membership $30
- Retired Members $30
There are no application fees.
If you apply to join after 1 January then your annual membership fee will be pro-rated for the period from the date of your application to 30 June.
Please note the Parramatta & District Law Society Inc. is not registered for GST and therefore cannot issue a tax invoice and therefore GST tax credits.
You can apply for online using our online store.
Applying online using you can pay by:
- credit card (immediate online);
- credit card (by online invoice);
If you are applying to join online there is no separate application form.
Your membership is not granted until your application has been approved by the Management Committee of the Parramatta & District Law Society Inc.
Annual membership fees are payable with the application. If for any reason your membership application is not approved the membership fees submitted with your application will be refunded. This does not apply if your membership is terminated after being approved.
If you have joined a firm or organisation that has a firm membership of the Parramatta & District Law Society there is no need to go through this process. The “bundle administrator” in your firm or organisation can add your membership as part of that firm’s membership.
The Society uses online membership software called WildApricot for online applications and renewals. Credit cards are processed through a payment gateway called Stripe.
You can use your credit card to pay immediately online. Alternatively, you can opt to generate an invoice and use your credit card to pay the invoice online.
Firm or Organisation Applications
Choose the appropriate subscription plan. These subscription rates apply where the number of lawyers from the same firm applying for membership or are already members of the Parramatta & District Law Society are within the ranges indicated.
The person making the application on behalf of the firm or organisation will become the “bundle administrator”. They can add other colleagues from their firm or organisation. They can also add new colleagues to their “bundle”.
Some information is provided on behalf of the firm as a whole and some information must be supplied for each lawyer.
Terms & Conditions
- This membership application is an offer by you or your representative on your behalf to be bound by the rules of the Constitution of Parramatta & District Law Society Inc., (the “Society”) CLICK HERE to access the Constitution.
- You will not be a member of the Society until your application has been approved by the Management Committee of the Society (the “Committee).
- The granting of access to member-only areas of this website is not to be taken as a granting of membership of the Society prior to your membership application is approved by the Committee.
- If your membership application is not approved then you will be refunded any money tendered with your application. This does not apply if your application is approved and your membership is subsequently terminated.
- Your application is also an offer to allow the Society to contact you by email.
- The Society will not provide your details to anyone outside the Committee without your consent.
If the form does not appear in a few moments after the page has loaded please Click on https://parramattaanddistrictregionallawsocietyinc.wildapricot.org/application-form
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software