Our role is to provide support and a voice for local solicitors so they can better serve their clients and the local community.
Although we are a separate legal entity to the Law Society of New South Wales we work closely with the Law Society of NSW which also plays a coordinating role and provides grants and other support. we are part of a network of 29 regional law societies throughout New South Wales.
- CLE at Parramatta RSL 28 March 2018 (4 CPD Points)
- Tuesday 6 March 2018 CLE (2 CLE Points) District Court Appearances and new Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017
- Wednesday 13 December 2017 CPD Christmas Dinner (4 CPD Points)
- 28 November 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Parramatta and District Law Society
- 24 November 2017 Family Law Practitioners Dinner
- Missing Will: Estate of the Donald Alexander McLemon late of 6 Rawson rd, Greenacre
- “Digital Readiness” programs for members of The Law Society of NSW subsidised by the NSW Department of Industry
- Thursday 2 November 2017 Annual Dinner
- Missing Will: Estate of the Late Henriette Van Mierlo
- Missing Will: Estate of the Late Luke John Digby late of Castle Hill.
CLE at Parramatta RSL 28 March 2018 (4 CPD Points)
VENUE: The Macquarie Room , Parramatta RSL Club, Corner of Macquarie and O’Connell Streets, Parramatta.
DATE: Wednesday, 28th. March, 2018.
TIME: 5.00pm. for 5.30pm. start. Concludes 9.45pm.
1. Update on Probate and Estates. Presented by Christine McPhillips of HWL Ebworth Lawyers, Law Society Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estate Law 5.30 to 6.30 pm
2. Lessons from files of Lawcover. Presented by Janis Purvis of Lawcover. Update on the latest cases in Professional Indemnity cases against solicitors. This 1 hour talk can be applied to CPDRule 6.1.1., 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 whichever may be required. 6.30 to 7.30
3. Update on Family Law. Presented by Sarah Bevan Solicitor of Sarah Bevan Family Lawyers. Sarah is a Law Society Accredited Specialist in Family Law. Time 7.45 to 8.45 pm.
4. Update on Conveyancing Law. Presented by John Heazlewood, Barrister of Lachlan Macquarie Chambers,Parramatta. Time 8.45 to 9.45.pm.
COST: $120.00 (per person). Includes Coffee and Tea Break with Danish Pastries and Assorted Muffins and freshly cut sandwiches. From 7. 30
to 7.45 pm. (No alcohol included). Parking free subject to validating ticket on exit from club.
PLEASE RSVP AND PAY BY 23 Mar 2018
Pay Online at the Society's Online Store - CLICK HERE Visa, MasterCard, American Express, EFT/Direct Deposit, or cheque.
CPD. If this particular activity is relevant to your immediate or longer-term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you may claim one "Unit" for each hour of actual attendance, refreshment breaks not included.